We cover the occasional kitchen related item here on Gluten Free Finds because, we gluten free folks, tend to cook for ourselves a lot. See: Topics Covered
Since I have Celiac Disease [About Me], I can’t eat fried foods at most restaurants because of cross-contamination concerns. Since I would still like to enjoy the occasional fried thing, I picked up a deep fryer.
After shopping around, comparing reviews, cost and features I settled on the T-fal FR8000 EZ Clean Deep Fryer.
I really like it because of it’s large capacity and basket and how easy it makes clean up. A flip of the switch drains and filters oil (of course after you’ve let it cool) into a sealed plastic container for storage. Excluding the easily removable heating unit, everything else can go into the dishwasher for cleaning.
It has… a 2.65 lb food capacity, a 3.5 liter oil capacity and includes a two position basket (1 position for frying and one for draining). It has an immersed heating element and (of course) an adjustable thermostat. 1,700 Watt heating element.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- A Celiac Traveler’s Best Friend? HotLogic Mini Personal Portable Oven
- Gluten Content Test: Counter Culture Coffee Forty Six Coffee Beans + Nima Sensor…
- Annie’s Double Chocolate Chip GF Granola Bars, 5 Pack
- Triumph Dining Gluten Free Dining Out Cards – English & Spanish + Rev…
- Schar Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns – Two Tips