Pictured: Justin’s Nut Butter Mini Peanut Butter Cups Dark Chocolate
As far as eating at home, I am able to eat many of the same things that I enjoyed prior to being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Many without modification. A few with slight modifications. For example, the chili that we make has always been gluten free, we just never knew it.
Beyond that, I have tried (and am trying) off the shelf gluten free items. Some of those items look like the thing that they are supposed to be… but do not taste like it.
All that to say… there are some gluten free food items that are very good and that I enjoy. This post is dedicated to listing those. I’ll add to it as I come across more items.
- Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar Almond Flour Snack Crackers
- Justin’s Nut Butter Peanut Butter Cups – Whether you need to eat gluten free or not, these are straight up delicious.
- NuGo Dark Chocolate Chip Bars – After being diagnosed, I went on a bar buying rampage. I suppose I thought I was going to starve and needed bars for every situation. I’d say 2/3rds of those bars weren’t great. NuGo’s Dark Chocolate Chip Bars are an exception. They taste great, have 10g of protein and aren’t overly sweet.
- evol foods gluten free frozen meals – I’ve tried several and liked everyone one I’ve tried including – Teriyaki Chicken, Sriracha Chicken, Chicken Enchilada Bake and Fire Grilled Steak
- King Arthur Gluten Free Pancake Mix – I love these pancakes. They turn out amazing and you’d be hard pressed to identify as gluten free.
- Amy’s Rice Mac & Cheese – One of the best Mac & Cheese’s I’ve eaten, regardless of gluten content.
- Green’s India Pale Ale IPA – as a former craft beer lover, I was depressed when I tried my first gluten free beer. I tried a couple before I got to Green’s IPA. It’s a full bodied IPA with lots of flavor. At least to my celiac taste buds, I think it tastes just like a traditional IPA.
- Schar Baguettes – Toasted with butter and garlic
- KIND Healthy Grains Granola Clusters – multiple flavors available. I eat this as a breakfast cereal.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix – Delicious (albeit not low calorie) brownies
- C20 Coconut Water
- Sun Bum Sunscreen – not a food, but I was very happy to see that I could still use this. Best sunscren I’ve ever used hands down.
- Mellow Mushroom – Gluten Free Crust, Menu and Practices
- Smart Flour Food Frozen Pizzas
- GH Cretors Popcorn Chicago Mix – Delicious
That’s all for now, stay tuned for updates
Connect with Us! Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | RSS Feed | Email Newsletter | Submit a Tip
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Vitacost Flash Sale: Extra 20% Off Food Purchases [lots of GF items]
- Today Only: Extra 20% Off Sitewide at Thrive
- Traveling Gluten Free – Gear, Tips and Tricks!
- 20% Off Select Groceries at Jet – Includes GF Items
- Kitchen Gear: SuperFast Thermapen Classic …$59 – Best Price Ever
Always check ingredients to confirm gluten free status. If in doubt, contact the manufacturer with questions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.