One of my first restaurant outings after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease was Outback Steakhouse. By the way… Kudos to Outback Steakhouse for their gluten free offerings. Anywho… I was happy to see they had a gluten free dessert… the Thunder from Down Under Brownie Sunday. I had had that in the past and didn’t even know it was gluten free. It’s pretty tasty y’all.
Knowing that delicious Gluten Free brownies were within reach, I picked up Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie mix to give it a try. I was very happy with the results. It produces delicious brownies that are pretty well identical to gluten-containing brownies. Or at least when I remember of gluten-containing brownies. When I run into something like this, I often wonder if my taste buds, perceptions and likes are skewed by not eating gluten. After all having a “fill in the blank” can be better than having… nothing. To test this, we made a pan of these brownies last week when we had a group (of gluten eating) friends over and they were a hit.
This mix produces great brownies.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- A Celiac Traveler’s Best Friend? HotLogic Mini Personal Portable Oven
- Gluten Content Test: Counter Culture Coffee Forty Six Coffee Beans + Nima Sensor…
- Annie’s Double Chocolate Chip GF Granola Bars, 5 Pack
- Triumph Dining Gluten Free Dining Out Cards – English & Spanish + Rev…
- Schar Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns – Two Tips