The University of Chicago Medicine Celiac Disease Center plans to conduct a clinical study on a pill to treat Celiac Disease.
from the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center…
A Pill to Treat Celiac Disease?
Now enrolling patients to a clinical study!
You may be eligible for this study if:
- You have celiac disease
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You have been on a gluten-free diet for at least one year
- You are willing to eat bread containing gluten
Testing of Montelukast (a drug that has been approved by the FDA for treatment of asthma) for the treatment of Celiac Disease.
If enrolled, you will be given the drug or a placebo and asked to:
- Travel to the Chicagoland area for 6 study visits over a 3 month period
- Have multiple blood draws, endoscopy with biopsy and brushings, and provide stool samples
- Answer some questions regarding your health
University of Chicago Medical Center
Subjects will be reimbursed up to $160.00 if all visits are completed and will receive parking vouchers. If you are interested, please contact:
Meaghan Peterson at 773-702-9743
Connect with Us! Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | RSS Feed | Email Newsletter | Submit a Tip
Recent Great Deals [more]:
You must be logged in to post a comment.